Thursday, May 21, 2009

So sweet

Sadie was super snuggly this morning! I'm pretty sure she senses that things in the house are about to change. My orientation is tomorrow and then school starts Monday.

I feel like a new mommy who is heartbroken to go back to work. I will miss Sadie and she will miss me! I hope I can spend a lot of time with her this weekend.

I haven't been able to start the crate training yet because her old crate is in my boyfriend's car and he hasn't been over since this weekend. I am also working on getting her a new crate. More on that when I write about the crate training experience.

I am going to miss Sadie while I'm at school! It's so funny how we imprint on them and vice versa.

Lately, I have wondered if it wouldn't be better to find a Sadie another home. One with a back yard and a family that will be able to give her more attention. That was the initial plan, after all. But I'm not sure another family can give her nearly the attention I have. I have been home with her everyday for the past four months (she should be perfectly trained then, shouldn't she?).

I will keep my mind open as I start law school. I want her happy. Ideally, I can bring her that, but if not, it would be selfish of me to keep her. My head knows this.

No comments: