Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last Resort

A friend was in a bind this weekend and needed someone to watch her 9-week-old boxer puppy. After stressing that Sadie might not like the puppy and Puppy might have to spend some time alone in a room, I told her to use me as a last resort.

As you may guess, I ended up watching Puppy. Sadie flipped. Luckily, my roommate offered to watch Sadie for the weekend at our house while Kevin and I watched Puppy at his. It seemed like everything was going to work out.

Until this morning. When I received an email from my roommate saying that either Sadie goes or I get her crate-trained immediately because my roommate can't afford a new rug, blinds, furniture or dishes.

What on earth happened yesterday???

So, I have been looking for a new place to live - sans roommate. But, let's be honest, who will rent their house to a woman with two dogs and three cats? I wouldn't.

So, what do I do? I'm posting an ad on Craigslist (which might be why you are reading this). I am going to be picky. I love this dog very much, and you will too once you get to know her. If there is anyway I can keep her, I will. I want her to be in a happy home where she feels comfortable and welcome.

But giving her away is my last resort.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I can ask my landlord if he has any other places. I followed your link from Kansas City Craigslist. I am a doggie owner in Kansas City. I have a boxer and chocolate lab! My landlord is so awesome he didnt even charge me a pet deposit and said he was fine with any animals as long as they were not horses or cows! LOL. You might try posting a "wanted ad" under the housing section. Thats how I found my place!

Nallie said...

That would be great!

Thanks!