Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sadie's big day

Sadie is getting fixed today - and not a moment too soon.

Her visitor came last Friday and has been an extra companion in my room this week (all together now, EWwwww!).

It turns out, there is a clinic a block away from my house that offers low-cost spays in Thursdays. So, I made the appointment last week, raced to Petsmart and bought her diapers.

As far as I understand it, she will have the visitor a few more days and then NEVER AGAIN!

Some have asked if she will calm down once she has the procedure, but I doubt it. From what I've read, males do chill out after getting neutered, but it doesn't often happen with females.

I'm a bit nervous about today, of course. When I took her to the clinic, they handed me paperwork asking if I wanted them to perform blood work to see if she could handle anesthesia. I turned it down because of the expense. She is young and was checked out by a doctor last week. Most low cost clinics skip that step so surely she will be fine. Right?

Here's praying!



Sadie, the day I brought her home from the kennel after her weekend jaunt. She was exhausted!

No comments: