Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not today

I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, especially since there are bigger things I should be worried about these days, but I can't help it. I'm taking a vacation for 12 days in August. Without Sadie.

Sadie will be staying with my roommate and I am worried sick. What if something happens? What if Sadie gets out and mauls a neighbor's dog? Not having a fenced yard really stresses me out!

I spent two months looking for a new place to live, but let's face it: No one wants to rent to someone with two dogs and three cats. Especially if that someone is a student with no income.

My plan was to move before the trip and have Kevin stay at my new place with my animals. He understands, more than anyone else, the issues involved with Sadie. But that is clearly not to be. Instead, I am staying where I am. Sadie will continue to get her daily exercise by running up and down the length of the house and will spend her visits outside attached to a 30-foot lead. It breaks my heart, but can't be helped right now.

One day, my dog will have a yard so that she can roam freely. One day, we won't all be forced into a 10x10 room to sleep each night. Oh hell, maybe one day my dog will be allowed to go to my boyfriend's house and run in his yard (but that is an argument for another day). One day, I will have my own house again.

One day, but clearly not today.

No comments: